Phonetic Keyboard Layouts for Armenian, Georgian, Russian
OS supported: Windows 2000 and higher (XP, 2003, Vista, 7, Server Systems)
Author: Andrey Aleksanyants, M.D.
Made with the Help of Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator (MSKLC) 1.4 by Microsoft Corp.
(can be downloaded from here).
Ever wanted to have on your machine the Phonetic Keyboard Layout for Armenian, Georgian or Russian, so that you could start typing quickly and easily without having to learn the default Typewriter Layout coming with the system? Now you can! Just download the appropriate layout, and after installing it you will get the additional phonetic layout for the appropriate language accessible from the Language Bar Settings of your System.
NOTE: The phonetic layouts provided here work ONLY with Windows 2000 and higher (XP, Vista, 7, Server Systems). Both 32 and 64 bit systems are supported.
- Download ZIP file to your machine.
- Extract all its files into any folder and run setup.exe file. Note: Windows Vista users should disable UAC (User Account Control) prior to installing! If you don't know how to do that, you may check the illustrated PDF tutorail How to disable UAC (User Account Control) in Windows Vista
- Open your Language Bar settings, add installed language/keyboard to the language bar and activate language bar. If you expect some difficulties with this step, you may check the illustrated PDF tutorails How to display Language Bar on Windows XP and How to display Language Bar on Windows Vista
- Restart your system if required.
- Disable Phonetic Keyboard Layout you want to uninstall from Language Bar Settings by selecting it and pressing 'Remove' Button.
- Press 'Start' Button, enter Control Panel, double-click 'Add or Remove Programs' Icon, find '[YOUR LANGUAGE] (Phonetic)' Entry, select and press 'Remove' Button and follow instructions.
- Now you can delete the downloaded file from directory you have saved it while downloading.
On the images below you can see the position of keys you will get while working with the installed layout both for lowercase and uppercase. Also you can compare it with the System English (US) Keyboard Layout to find the matching key if your keyboard has other type as given.
|English US (for comparison):|
NOTE: Armenian and Georgian letters are available in 'Sylfaen' font ONLY.
By installing, copying, or otherwise using the Software, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, do not install or use the Software.
This Software is provided "AS IS" and without warranty, express or implied.
This Software is being distributed as Freeware. It may be freely used, copied and distributed as long as it is not sold, and all original files are included, including this license. You are NOT allowed to make a charge for distributing this Software (either for profit or merely to recover your media and distribution costs) whether as a stand-alone product, or as part of a compilation or anthology, without explicit prior written permission.
Phonetic Keyboard layouts for Windows XP/Vista/7/8 (32/64 bit):
|Armenian Phonetic Keyboard Layout||kbdamph.zip||(270 kb)|
|Georgian Phonetic Keyboard Layout||kbdgeph.zip||(265 kb)|
|Russian Phonetic Keyboard Layout||kbdruph.zip||(265 kb)|
Phonetic Keyboard layouts for MacOS X:
|Armenian Phonetic Keyboard Layout (by Armen Amirjanyan) *||Armenian-Phonetic.keylayout
(Right click on link and then click 'Save link as')
* Beginning with version 10.2 (Jaguar), Mac OS X supports an XML-based format for keyboard layouts (.keylayout files). These may be installed by copying them to the Keyboard Layouts folder within /Library or ~/Library; then they are enabled via the Input Sources (Input in 10.5 and earlier) tab of the Language & Text (International in 10.5 and earlier) module within System Preferences.
If you have any questions or suggestions you can contact me at